Senior Website Analyst
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Group Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Membership function of the business.
At Saga, we’re undergoing a transformation and are looking to re-invent our marketing model. We’ve invested heavily in new technology and implementation is coming to a close. As a result we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Web Analyst to join our team and help advance our capabilities.
You will work in the Group Digital team reporting to the Analytics, Optimisation & Insight lead. The team’s aim is to understand our customers & members behaviour and experience online, highlight key customer experience issues and opportunities to be addressed by working with the wider digital team.
You’ll also work closely with the wider Group Customer Value management team to help determine our targeting strategy, who we target when and with what and the CRM & Personalisation colleagues who’ll execute and optimise our customer targeting and communications.
In this role, you'll use online tools like Adobe Analytics and SessionCam to provide insight into where our customers are visiting and their behaviour on our websites. You will help us understand how respondents to our campaigns behave online. You will provide insight into our levels of online customer identification and provide recommendations to increase ID’ing levels. This is set to become an important new objective as it is key to our matching online and offline data together and making Next-Best-Action or targeting decisions, working alongside Personalisation & Optimisation colleagues.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Creation of online reporting and insight using appropriate tools like Adobe Analytics & SessionCam
- Specification of any necessary web dev changes to improve insight e.g. site data layer & tagging
- Measuring and improving online customer ID’ing levels
- Providing insight into the effectiveness of online tests
- Exporting and sending of online data for use in offline analysis & modelling
- Sharing of online analytics knowledge & best practice with other web analysts across the group
- Assisting with the sourcing of tools and technology partners
- Assisting in the implementing the next-best-action roadmap
- Managing next-best-action inputs, tests, data refreshes, circulation of results
- Manage the creation of online MI & Reporting for marketing campaigns ensuring timeliness
- Ensure standardisation and automation of processes as far as possible to make the best use of time
- Work closely with the Targeting Operations team to drive improved Customer Value
- Present ideas to colleagues across the business
- Ensure progress updates, results and performance analysis shared with key stakeholders
- Managing multiple complex projects concurrently, tracking progress and success
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Highly competent using Web analytics
- Fluent user of Adobe Analytics (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with tag management solutions like Adobe’s DTM & Google’s GTM
- Familiarity with session recording using tools like SessionCam (or equivalent)
- Experience in A/B testing and personalisation using tools like Adobe Target (or equivalent)
- Experience with decisioning technology desirable
- A good understanding of digital and direct marketing, particularly the use of data for marketing
- Very good Eexcel skills
- Experience presenting solutions to large groups of people with varied knowledge and understanding
- Ability to breakdown complex information and present it in an easy to understand way
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Excellent Track record in delivering change and completing projects
- Good understand of implementing tracking URL’s, delivering cookies to web pages from email
- Experience working to tight timelines in a project environment, able to prioritise
- Experience working across complex businesses and managing different stakeholders
Education and Qualifications:
- Good Secondary education
- Very strong work ethic
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible to fast moving environment
- Motivated with positive attitude & energy
- Good influencer
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and focussed on business objectives
- Highly numerate, analytical & logical
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects while consistently meeting deadlines
- A patient manner
- An appetite to learn and develop own industry knowledge
- Passion for digital & direct marketing
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.