Office Administrator (based in Papenburg, Germany)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Office Administrator to join Saga Cruises GmbH, based in Papenburg, Germany. This pivotal role will support the New Build Site team who are currently building our eagerly anticipated new cruise ship.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an exciting project and will be sure to provide substantial career development. This is a major cruise vessel construction programme and will be a key part of the company's history.
To be successful in this role you will need to be proactive, a self-starter and like to work autonomously. You'll have strong organisational and administration skills and be comfortable working as part of a busy team. You’ll be fluent in German and English and be committed to delivering an exceptional service to all customers, both internal and external.
We would welcome applicants from all locations and will be happy to discuss options with the right candidate.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of this hugely exciting project – apply now!
The new ship, aptly named the Spirit of Discovery, is being built at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. It will be 57,600 GT, will house about 1000 passengers in 550 all-balcony cabins and suites and is scheduled for delivery in summer 2019. A second ship is also on the way, with delivery already scheduled in.
- Overall responsibility for administrative management of the Saga Cruises Site office.
- Diary management and travel arrangement responsibility for the Site Manager and other site team members.
- Proactive task management, including logging and reporting of all task requirements relating to the office.
- Responsibility for approving, tracking and signing off invoices weekly.
- Ensuring the smooth running of office functions, processes and facilities, liaising with suppliers and the shipyard as necessary.
- Office document management and procedures.
- Liaison with port agent and domestic arrangement provider.
- Liaison with local authorities and UK crew management teams in respect of visa applications and regulations.
- Liaison with the UK based teams to make local accommodation and travel arrangements.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of running an office involving a diverse range of functions.
- Ability to set up and run office systems and facilities.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as all packages.
- A proven ability to estimate and deliver projects within the timescales and budgeted costs.
- Strong office administration skills.
- Documentation management & diary management.
- Previous experience of arranging travel and accommodation.
- Experience of processing concept proposals and writing procedures.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate resilience and deliver to deadlines.
- Willing to work flexibly and according to the needs of the project.
- Excellent communicator.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic in pursuit of continuous personal development.
- A completer/finisher with an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to quickly react to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines.
- Confident to challenge stakeholders at all levels in an effective and constructive manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and commitment.
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.