Site Office Administrator
Saga Cruises GmbH is recruiting for a Site Office Administrator to join our team who are currently building our eagerly anticipated new ship.
The new ship, aptly named the Spirit of Discovery, is being built at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. It will be 57,600 GT, will house about 1000 passengers in 550 all-balcony cabins and suites and is scheduled for delivery in summer 2019. A second ship is also on the way, with delivery scheduled for Summer 2020.
As Site Office Administrator you will provide support to the Saga Cruises GmbH New Build Site team to enable delivery of a major cruise vessel construction programme. Based at the site in Papenburg, your role will involve managing all office procedures for the New Build Site team. You’ll be integral to the ongoing efficiency and delivery of project objectives and you’ll be integral to building strong relationships with both our key internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also provide day to day support to the New Build team by completing diary management, travel arrangements and other office duties.
To be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate strong organisational and administration skills and be comfortable working as part of a very busy team. You’ll be fluent in German and English and be committed to delivering an exceptional service to all customers, both internal and external.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of this hugely exciting project – apply now!
- Overall responsibility for administrative management of the Saga Cruises Site office.
- Diary management and travel arrangement responsibility for the Site Manager and other site team members.
- Proactive task management, including logging and reporting of all task requirements relating to the office.
- Responsibility for approving, tracking and signing off invoices weekly.
- Ensuring the smooth running of office functions, processes and facilities, liaising with suppliers and the shipyard as necessary.
- Being a key point of main point of contact for suppliers.
- Liaison with local suppliers for domestic requirement and arrangements for the members of the site team including some senior ship’s officers.
- Office document management and procedures.
- Liaison with port agent and domestic arrangement provider.
- Liaison with local authorities and UK crew management teams in respect of visa applications and regulations.
- Liaison with the UK based teams to make local accommodation and travel arrangements.
- Knowledge of shipyard norms and processes in order to ensure the team’s compliance with those requirements.
- Providing support to the site based team with personnel requirements and local registrations, whilst liaising with the Head Office HR team.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of running an office involving a diverse range of functions.
- Ability to set up and run office systems and facilities.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as all packages.
- A proven ability to estimate and deliver projects within the timescales and budgeted costs.
- Office administration.
- Documentation management & diary management.
- Travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Pool car fleet management.
- Purchase order and invoice management.
- Process concept proposals and writing procedures.
- IT and MS Office applications at expert level.
- Familiar with shipyard and shipbuilding supervision administrative processes.
- Familiar with Owner supplies processes.
- Familiar with crew arrival, port agency’s activities and crew support.
- Preferably familiar with Papenburg and surrounding area.
Education and Qualifications:
- Fluency in German and English.
- Excellent problem solving and organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, demonstrate resilience and deliver to deadlines.
- Willing to work flexibly and according to the needs of the project.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic in pursuit of continuous personal development.
- The ability to deal with tact and diplomacy with all contacts in a professional manner.
- A completer/finisher with an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to quickly react to identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Bright, enthusiastic, driven and adopt a diligent approach to meet your personal KPI`s and team targets.
- Ability to exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Ability to provide and receive feedback.
- Ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines.
- Confident to challenge stakeholders at all levels in an effective and constructive manner.
- Excellent hospitality and communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and commitment.
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.