With a hybrid approach requiring some days in our London office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our Brand & Insight team. As Social Media Manager, you will take the lead in transforming and shaping our overall social strategy and delivery.
We are seeking a colleague who marvels in creating engaging content, whilst utilising brand tone of voice. You will be a whizz with the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for the purposes of advertising using both organic and paid strategies. You should have a love for reporting, able to produce and articulate campaign insight. You'll bring with you solid brand and social strategy know-how, which will hold you in good stead as you implement this across multiple social platforms.
And in return, as our colleague, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you, we'd be keen to hear from you.
- Creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, video and written) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Supporting the Head of Brand in setting the annual social media marketing strategy and supporting tactics.
- Building, executing, and perfecting our social media strategy, iterating through a test and learn approach from brief through to production of assets to reporting.
- Creating editorial calendars working across other departments and business units.
- Developing and expanding community and/or influencer outreach efforts and build relationships with key influencers.
- Setting up regular performance reports and analysis, monitoring trends using social media tools.
- Preparing and sharing presentations outlining responses to brief, summaries of content performance for Saga’s marketing team and wider business
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified and experience social media manager with experience in a social media role either client or agency side or mix of both.
- Fully versed in the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for the purposes of advertising using both organic and paid strategies
- Understanding of influencer marketing
- Understanding of community management and knowledge of working with online communities
- Full understanding of how social media is analysed and reported upon to determine its success
- Depth of knowledge of social media management tools
- Strong networking skills: management of stakeholder relationships to build a cross functional social media team and platform
- Strong governance and process skills
- Ability to drive a step change in creative output and creativity to think outside the box
- Strong communication and with the ability to write in brand tone of voice
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.