Social Media Manager
** Remote/home/hybrid working**
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
As the Social Media Manager for Saga, you would be responsible for leading, owning and overseeing all outputs across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube as part of Social Media strategy for Saga Cruise . This output will cover all Organic content as well as some Paid content activity as well.
You will be responsible for the implementation of all social activity and content, from ideating and creating posts to scheduling content and community managing responses. You will also be responsible for pulling reports, insights and analysis to determine the performance of our content. You will need to work with internal stakeholders as well as external creative and media agencies to achieve this.
Your role will be focused on the marketing activity of Saga Cruise. However, given the nature of Saga’s business, you may have overlap with the wider Holidays marketing team, as well as core Brand team.
- Creation and ideation of all Social Media posts (Feed, Stories, Reels etc. / Image, Video, Text etc.) across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and potentially YouTube
- Ownership of content calendars and posting schedule on a month-to-month basis
- Copywriting of post copy as well as basic image editing, reformatting and design of ad hoc, native content e.g. Instagram Stories / Reels
- Supporting the Travel Social Media Lead in enacting and implementing a new approach to Social Media being developed in Summer 2022
- Liaising with internal stakeholders from the Cruise team to ascertain their marketing needs to ensure that Social Media output is integrated with other channels and campaign work
- Liaising with external creative and media agencies; briefing them on content creation and development; providing them with Social Media knowledge and expertise, as well as brand and business insights from Saga
- Community Management; responding to comments from our audience; triaging any customer service issues that may arise to relevant stakeholders; engaging Facebook Groups with daily content and post ideas; sourcing User Generated Content (UGC) from audience
- Reporting and Analytics; monthly content reporting that can provide the wider business with an understanding as to the efficacy of Social Media, what posts drive the best results and how we can implement these learnings
- Competitor analysis and tracking to ensure we’re on the pulse of what our competition is doing
- Evaluate role and approach with Influencers
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive Social Media Management experience across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube – either agency or client side
- Copywriting skills for Organic social content
- Experience growing and developing a brand new Instagram account and Facebook Groups
- Use of Social Media tools such as Sprinklr or Sprout Social
- Use of image formatting / design tools like Canva or Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to think strategically around who we are creating content for and the messages we need to land as a Saga Cruise business
- Impeccable written skills; copywriting skills should be socially native allowing copy to be tailored for each channel as well as written in a vernacular that our older audience will identify with without being too formal
- Exceptional attention to detail; ensuring that: post copy is correct and appropriate for each platform, brand guidelines are adhered to, and that spelling and grammar errors do not exist
- Project and workflow management; creation of timing plans for developing content in a timely manner; management of content calendars
- Eye for design and visual styling, particularly when it comes to posting Instagram Stories/Reels natively within the platforms; basic image and reformatting skills would be beneficial
- Analytical mind that can turn performance into meaningful insights that can show the wider business the efficacy of Social Media
- Good understanding of Paid Social mechanics and strategies
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.