Southampton Port Operations Staff
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
To undertake a range of duties at Dover, Southampton or other UK Ports, covering all aspects of the embarkation and disembarkation process. You will always maintain a professional manner and constantly work with Saga and its customers’ best interests in mind.
You will be expected to develop excellent working relationships with the Cruise Operations Manager, Cruise Operations Executive, fellow port staff and suppliers. Your prime duty is one of care.
It is implicit throughout your employment that you will act honestly and in good faith at all times, in the interest of the Company, both in taking care of and caring for its customers. This includes staff performance, customer satisfaction and wellbeing.
This active role does involve long periods of standing and also involves working outside, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Safely and efficiently meet & greet and/or escort customers outbound/inbound from the UK Port, airports, and rail and or coach stations on various dates
- Assist passengers in the baggage hall to move luggage, from the baggage hall to their departure point, when Porters are not available
- Assist passengers that require assistance or wheelchairs assistance, to push wheelchairs on occasions that Porters are not available
- To undertake other functions at the port including – check in desk duties, passport processing, passport delivery, escalator and gangway duties, and various other duties as required
- Escalate issues as necessary to the Cruise Operations Manager and/or Executive at the Port on the day
- To accompany customers during transfers and provide local information to customers during the transfers
- Attend briefings, training courses and meetings when required
- To maximise all opportunities to interact with customers and provide excellent customer service
- Ensure that all aspects of the operation are constantly meeting Saga’s expectations in all aspects of quality and customer service
- Ensure all reports and expenses are correctly completed and all paperwork is returned within the specified time scale
- To adhere to company procedures at all times
- Ensure expenses are kept within the pre agreed amount and to check any expense allowance at the start of your shift
- Be willing to undertake all duties and roles as required
- To correctly complete the daily attendance or time sheet and expenses claims if applicable
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that the Company’s corporate image is maintained to an excellent standard
- To maintain “a professional and polished approach and presentation at all times”
- Ability to work as both a member of a team and as an individual
- Decision making skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Diplomatic skills
- Organisational skills
- Administration skills
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- A good knowledge of Port Operations / Travel Operations
- Customer service experience
- Experience within the travel industry
- Excellent communication skills
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.