Special Interest Garden Hosts
Special Interest Hosts are responsible for the smooth running of the Special Interest Programme, ensuring that customers have an enjoyable and informative holiday. Hosts must possess a professional approach in order to maintain and reflect a high standard of service and customer care as set out by the company and will comply with and implement procedures as laid down by Head Office and the Operational Manual.
Saga operates a small selection of garden-themed holidays in the UK, Madeira and Cyprus. Our Gardens Hosts must hold an appropriate qualification and have previous experience working in the travel and tourism industry hosting Garden Themed Holidays.
You must enjoy working with the general public and have the ability to impart your knowledge in a way that will suit your audience. On most assignments, our Special Interest Hosts are working alongside a Holiday Host or Tour Manager and the assignments maybe up to 8 days in duration.
Your prime duty is one of care. It is implicit throughout your employment that you will act honestly and in good faith at all times, in the interest of the company and in taking care of our customers:
Duties will include:
- Prepare and deliver welcome meetings in conjunction with the Hotel Host or Tour Manager.
- Attend a welcome reception in conjunction with the Host or Tour Manager.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 lectures on relevant topics.
- Assist with the meet and greet of customers on arrival.
- Socialise with customers.
- Accompany Excursions and provide commentary en route and on location if a local guide is not provided.
- Assist where necessary in developing the relevant holiday itinerary.
- Liaise and work closely with the Host or Tour Manager.
- Ensure the Special Interest Programme runs as advertised in the brochure and detailed in the customer itinerary.
- Reconnaissance of new Special Interest Programmes.
- Report writing (liaising with Head Office on issues that may arise).
- Expenditure accounting.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have extensive horticultural knowledge and enjoy working with the public. You will need to be available for the following dates:
- 20/5 – 24/5 – Queens Hotel Summer Gardens of Dorset
- 10/6 – 14/6 – Queens Hotel Summer Gardens of Dorset
- 23/7 – 27/7 – Derbyshire Hotel – A gardens Restoration Story for Solo Travellers
- £75 per day including Travel and Full board accommodation.
- Employment terms - Employment will only be offered on a Self Employed contract and payment will be made on receipt of an invoice.
- Full board accommodation will be provided during the assignment. Saga Holidays Ltd will be responsible for all arrangements and costs for travel between the United Kingdom and the resort/hotel. Any travel from home to the airport/assignment will be via public transportation.
- A float for all company expenses such as communication costs, entrance fees, prizes etc, where necessary, will be issued. An expense claim must be completed with full details of expenditure and receipts at the end of each assignment and sent to Head Office.
- The Company has a strict no smoking or drinking policy for all staff whilst they are representing the Company.
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.