Marketing Lead Subscriptions
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Subscriptions Marketing Lead (print & digital) – Saga Magazine to join us on a fixed term contract basis. In this role you will be responsible for leading marketing strategy & plans for Saga Magazine print & digital subscriptions. You will have stretching growth targets to reach new audiences with the digital Saga Magazine.
This in an exciting opportunity to focus on subscriptions (particularly digital) and to create an innovative marketing model for the Saga magazine which is the UKs largest subscription magazine. Whilst the building blocks are already in place, you will be able to help build and shape a plan, to create growth and success in the future. You will get give exposure to senior leadership within the business and will have access to internal resource such as Data, Digital and Brand as well as agency support if needed.
You will bring digital experience gained from a subscription magazine or a digital subscriptions company. You will have a track record of generating growth and turnaround and have previously managed third parties. You will be hands on and entrepreneurial with an ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across a matrix organisation.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, this is a maternity cover fixed term contract position of up to 12 months.
- Leading the development of the magazine marketing strategy for both print & digital
- Developing the marketing plan to drive print & digital magazine subscriptions and free circulation
- The marketing budget and forecast, including circulation, revenue and spend
- All print & digital acquisition and retention marketing campaigns from start to finish – ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and to a high creative standard
- All reporting on subscription activity and the performance of campaigns against budget
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to run large scale subscription marketing programmes for both print & digital
- Digital marketing/multi-channel marketing experience and experience with apps
- IDM (Institute of Data & Marketing) diploma in Direct & Digital Marketing or similar marketing certificate would be helpful
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with excellent time management. Ability to manage numerous tasks and campaigns to achieve deadlines and targets
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly Knowledgeable on direct & digital Marketing principles
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
Generous Workplace Pension
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity .
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.