A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
Our IT systems are key to our ability to personalise and target communications to our customers, improve the experience of members of Possibilities, our customers and employees, and achieve operational efficiencies.
We are looking for an Systems Architect for our AICL part of the IT business, based in Folkestone or London.
You'll be reporting to the Head of Application Development, the Technical Lead will have responsibility for the technical output of an individual Agile development team delivering the Saga Services Change Programme on the Archimedes pricing engine application. The role will also contribute to the wider system architecture and overall technical programme delivery; and be a key technical reference point for non-technical business and change delivery colleagues.
You'll bring experience in .NET, windows and SQL Server technology.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Provide the team with day to day technical leadership
- Bridge the gap between product architecture and the detailed design
- Ensures technical integrity of the product working with the team
- Ensures technical quality and standards are met within the team
- Full understanding of the team’s work through each sprint
- Point of escalation & technical mentor for developers
- Setting and measuring of technical objectives within the team
- Liaison with and advisor to Business Lead and/or Scrum Coordinator for decisions and prioritisation of activity
- Act as Scrum Master as required
- Facilitate workshops in an effective way
- Ensuring best practice is followed
- Coordinating best practice with other Scrum Technical Leads
- Working closely with IT Operations
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and experience
- Proven technical background
- Demonstrable experience as a technical leader within a .NET / SQL Server environment
- Track record of successful development project delivery
- Experience of technical leadership responsibility
- Experienced in Agile delivery methodology
- Experienced developer background
- Extensive experience of performance tuning and working with large data sets
- Preferred experience in .NET, windows and SQL Server technology
- Preferred understanding of Insurance pricing
Education and Qualifications:
- Good educational background to a degree level
- Excellent communication required to manage the technical performance in the team and ensure dependencies with other teams are effectively managed
- Flexible approach to work, confident and approachable
- Self-Motivated & well organised
- Able to cope under pressure & deliver to tight timescales
- A good eye for detail
- Conscientious with high quality standards
- Analytical mind
- Excellent communication skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.