Tax and Treasury Manager
Saga is a trusted brand which achieves over 87% recognition from the UK’s over 50s. With our differentiated products and a unique route to market we are able to offer outstanding service and we mirror this with outstanding career possibilities.
As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers who are at the heart of the Saga brand.
Saga's Tax and Treasury team’s mission is to look after the financial health of our organisation by mitigating risks, keeping assets safe and return optimised. The Tax and Treasury team manage the Group’s tax compliance and strategy and cash, debt, currency forwards and commodity hedges, investment portfolio, hedge accounting and currency forecasting.
…And right now, we are looking for a Tax and Treasury Manager to join us. This role will be largely focused on treasury at the start, with the view of picking up more responsibilities from the Head of Tax and Treasury over time. This role is a great opportunity to get experience across various industries including insurance and travel.
You will be a qualified accountant in ACA. ACCA or CIMA with knowledge of the banking sector and banking systems. You'll be keen to learn as this role offer an opportunity to get a corporate treasury qualification.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package. You'll also get experience across various industries, be able to learn new areas and have the potential to get a professionally recognised qualification.
If you are a qualified accountant with banking knowledge, then we want to hear from you!
- Assisting with managing the tax requirements
- Deputising for the Head of Tax and Treasury as required
- Cash management cover - manage Group wide bank account balances each day such that there are no overdrawn balances and that surplus funds are invested in line with policy
- Review and complete month end divisional and Group reporting packs for review by the Head of Tax and Treasury
- Cover FX spot, forward and swap trading on behalf of the Travel businesses in line with Group policy
- Produce weekly and monthly Group operational cash flow and reconcile position to Plc finance forecast to support liquidity management. Provide insightful commentary, including variance to prior forecast, cash flow generation by business and detail of working capital movements and actions underway to improve cash generation
- Prepare monthly debt drawdowns, half yearly compliance certificates and information deliverables to banks, bondholders and ratings agencies
- Deposit placement in line with Group policy
- Implement any changes in accounting policy and complete all year and half year disclosure notes
- Hedge accounting, currency forecasting and working with the travel business to explain differences arising in the P&L
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial awareness with a good understanding of insurance preferable
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate well at all levels
- Leadership skills with an ability to inspire and motivate others
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- A Proactive approach to work with a keenness to improve customer service and lines of communication
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work well under pressure
- A good negotiator, with the ability to debate thinking to get to the best commercial outcome
- Thinks laterally to identify new or untried solutions leading to business benefits
- Identifies relevant information and evaluates the issues to make sound decisions in highly complex or sensitive situations
- Instigates and drives change and is open to new ideas
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.