Technical Business Analyst
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Technical Business Analyst to join the Saga Group business.
You will be responsible for building, updating and supporting the Insurance E-Commerce & line of business applications. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with Software Development, Infrastructure, and Business teams to translate business requirements into the technical documentation required to actively maintain the development programme.
You’ll bring excellent communication skills, written and verbally.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information need and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed including: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases/Agile User Stories, UML Diagrams, Screen and Interface designs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, functionality and performance needs
- Participate in/Lead/Facilitate planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives, coordinating efforts with project management to provide status and resource planning
- Understand and demonstrate the need for information security and governance controls and possess the ability to balance these needs with those of the development change programmes
- Support investigations into issues using monitoring tools and data analysis
- Look for process improvements
- Support and automation of system testing to validate requirements and user acceptance
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- A strong background in business analysis, requirements gathering, validation and documentation skills
- Experience of writing user acceptance criteria using Gherkin or similar
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in different development methodologies including Agile
- A thorough understanding of web security, usability, accessibility and web standards to help drive best practice
- Experience with application and system performance monitoring tools
- Data management and design skills (SQL, Oracle)
- Appetite for process and system improvement and possess a willingness to experiment with technologies and processes
- Ability to help define and manage own workload
- Proven communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas, technical aspects and complex concepts clearly and in plain English to all levels of the business
- Able to coordinate the activities of internal and external support teams to achieve effective and efficient solutions to business owners requirements and problems
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders with a focus on value and the wider business environment
Education and Qualifications:
- Recognised industry qualification would be advantageous
- Flexible, personable, assertive
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Thorough eye for detail, logical, creative
- Pro-active with initiative but disciplined and professional
- Team player but able to work on own
- Positive attitude to change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.