Technical Business Analyst
Our IT systems are key to our ability to personalise and target communications to our customers, improve the experience of members of Possibilities, our customers and employees, and achieve operational efficiencies.
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work in our Saga Group IT part of the business based in Folkestone.
You will be supporting all divisions of the company by providing a range of IT applications and services cover customer maintenance, marketing data, call centre software and group web sites. The remit of the department covers both project delivery and BAU support.
The main purpose of this role is to facilitate an understanding of and document the software requirements needed to achieve the business goals as well as to support the delivery of the technical solutions, through a structured requirements engineering process.
This role encompasses a variety of skills including analysis, process modelling, change management, stakeholder management and documentation.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for then keep reading......
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers and stakeholders to clearly articulate and analyse software requirements as well as deliver the following artefacts as needed: software requirements document, use cases, data mappings and interface designs
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using UML modelling and natural language
- Understanding of application prototyping and screen modelling for elicitation and analysis of requirements
- Assist with Project initiation by providing input into Business Case and Cost/Benefit Analysis Feasibility Study, Options and Impact Analysis
- Assist with project definition with technical architect, turning business requirements into technical specifications
- Review the solution documents and work closely with Solution Architect and Technical Architects to ensure requirements are clearly-understood
- Keep the stakeholder engaged to reassure them that their requirements are implemented as specified in the business requirement artefacts
- Manage all changes to requirements, both from the business and solution perspectives, through a change control process
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Assist with review of test scripts to ensure that all functional requirements are being tested
- Assist with defect triage and prioritisation
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Participate in/Lead/Facilitate daily stand ups to gain team delivery status, coordinate efforts with project management to resolve difficult/time consuming issues
- Provide regular progress reports to your Manager
- Adhere to Company and Departmental standards and recommend improvements where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
Capabilities, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understanding of business process modelling, RAD (Role Activity Diagrams) and UML modelling – or self-study to gain knowledge and understanding of the following aspects of the requirements engineering process:
- Requirements elicitation and methods
- Requirements documentation and standards
- Requirements analysis and negotiation
- Requirements validation and techniques
- Ability to determine and articulate comprehensive software requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Ability to critically-evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into detail, build up detail from low-level information and determine the true underlying requirements
- Elicit requirements using various techniques such as site visits, interviews, research, observation, document analysis, requirements workshops. surveys, business process reviews, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow
- Ability to create and deliver clear presentations and to facilitate workshops to gain and agree requirements and solutions
- Understanding of change management
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate ideas and complex technical concepts clearly in plain English
- Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads
- Able to influence peers and business
- Takes ownership of deliverables
- Recognises opportunities for improvement and uses initiative to introduce them
- Works under own initiative and manages own timescales
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.