Trainee .Net/SQL Developer
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trainee .Net/SQL Developer to join our Saga GMD IT Development team.
You will be programming and capturing requirements for program fixes and system enhancements.
You will bring understanding of database concepts and data technologies, with an excellent communication skills.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street & online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading..
- Learn Microsoft .Net and SQL development skills with an aspiration to become the ‘point of reference’ for business as usual, day to day functionality within 6 to 12 months.
- Initial triage and troubleshooting supported by senior developers i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users.
- Ability to explain and present business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups.
- Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements (systems analysis).
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management.
- Learn Agile ‘Scrum’ software delivery lifecycle and how this is implemented within our business, some previous experience is preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate with internal departments to solve technical challenges and provide technical advice.
- Ability to communicate to non-technical users help and advice with regards to system issues and queries.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Software development experience using .NET / SQL technologies / (Any expertise in “Agile” techniques and methods a distinct advantage).
- Engagement with end users and product owners to drive out requirements and solutions.
- Managing change in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of database concepts and data technologies.
- Knowledge of SOAP / Postman/Swagger development and concept of API’s would be an advantage.
- Understanding of development best practice in terms of coding standards, security, accessibility and usability
- Excellent communicate skills to effectively work with users, team members and managers at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
- Good time management and work ethic.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification is preferred; however good business understanding and/or technical experience would represent an acceptable equivalent.
- Energy and enthusiasm to learn
- Good communicator (verbal, writing and visual)
- Team worker
- Problem Solver
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.