With two brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched, and market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
Uniquely in the travel industry, Saga and Titan customers benefit from an award-winning in-house transfer service taking them from their homes to airport or port departure. We are right now looking for a Controller to join us.
You will have experience of monitoring real time journey’s and conditions, amending plans to help with smooth delivery of our VIP service and providing an exceptional service to our customers. Communication is your forte, as you keep everyone in the transport team and our drivers up to date on what is happening.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of a-new role, which is integral to our business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are an experienced customer service professional, ideally with experience in a Transport orientated role then we want to hear from you!
**Due to the nature of the role and because the Control team operates 24/7 from our offices, flexible shift patterns will be a requirement. This role will require you to usually work a four on four off rotational shift pattern consisting of 12-hour days and nights with standard shift times of 0700-1900hrs for days and 1900hrs – 0700hrs nights. To ensure an effective handover between nights and days, a member of the day shift team will also be requested to operate a 0630 shift start time as part of the shift rotation.**
- Taking action where necessary to support the driver team and delivery of an exceptional customer experience
- Liaising daily with Transport Management, Planning, Drivers, Workshop and other departments, to ensure smooth running of the operation.
- Resolve potential service failures, identifying root cause and recommending corrective action to the relevant parties. Working closely with Airport Services and the Duty Officer to ensure timely collection and delivery of clients.
- Arranging vehicle changes between drivers and all the bases to cover service, repair and licensing issues
- Providing 24-hour security at Gatwick base, monitoring main gate access and locking up / opening all buildings
- Ensuring a smooth handover between controller shifts.
- Ensuring all drivers have left on time, day and night. Tracking progress and assisting/intervening when required.
- Learning, understanding and maintaining all aspects of the scheduling, control and supporting IT systems.
- Being aware of and acting upon all changes, cancellations and any alterations, which may affect the efficiency of any route.
- Supplying logical and efficient routes for all transfer journeys to drivers or third-party contractors.
- Carry out visits to cruise and airport terminals to ensure service standards are being maintained/ met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing your time to ensure smooth service delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of the U.K. motorway system
- Computer literate
- Good telephone manner and people engagement skills
- You will ideally have experience working within a similar environment.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
Long service awards
About the Company