User Experience UX Researcher
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
A great opportunity has arisen for a UX Researcher to join Saga Group Digital.
You will support the future of the online presence of the Saga membership scheme and other group digital platforms. Designing and conducting research to help us translate business requirements into a proposition which can meet the unique requirements of Saga’s customers. You will identify the best method based on research goals and resources. You will also work with stakeholders to present back findings, iterate them into new UX and design tests with the UX team.
You will bring Significant UX research experience and a solid grasp of user-centred design, planning and conducting user research. You will be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
It’s a broad and challenging role with lots of opportunity which will help you to further develop your skills in an innovative and growing part of Saga.
- Planning, designing and conducting the usability testing process
- Conducting research in person or online with customers, guiding them through prototypes
- Documenting and analysing feedback
- Running workshops and facilitating stakeholder meetings to capture requirements
- Presenting findings to business stakeholders
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments
- Modelling insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organisation understanding of user needs
- Work with the UX and design teams to visualise the research findings
- Understand the product proposition and user needs
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user testing experiences and recommendations for digital products.
- Assist with designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, product owners and the development team
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing
- Identify design problems based on customer behaviour
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant UX research experience
- An understanding of the over 50’s age group and their behaviour online
- A solid grasp of user-centred design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Experience using Adobe Target would be desirable, but not essential
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Experience working within agile methodologies, or as part of a scrum team, is desirable, but not essential
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Project experience, especially scrum and agile knowledge, would be desirable but not essential
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.