UX/ UI Designer
Saga Group Digital and we have some ambitious plans for 2020 and beyond. Our key purpose is delivering a consistent brand experience across the Saga group sites and platforms making it simple for our members to use. We’ve got some challenging plans for moving us forward in the digital world, we’re putting in place the right tools to do this and we have lots of big projects including developing our main website, Saga Possibilities and our mobile Apps.
We have an exciting opportunity for a UX / UI designer to join our team.
You will be supporting the future of the online presence and simplified customer experience of the Saga membership scheme and other group digital platforms including our Apps. You will understand and translate the unique requirements of Saga's customers into wireframes, mock-up’s, prototypes and final visual references.
You will bring expertise and experience in a range of UX and UI design tools and be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
It’s a broad and challenging role with lots of opportunity which will help you to further develop your skills in an innovative and growing part of Saga.
- Collaborate with Group Digital team members and business product owners to define simple digital customer journeys which are brand consistent
- Help create our design principles and design system to be utilised across our digital customer experience
- Understand the product proposition and user needs
- Develop the product visually, framing product problems and user needs
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Facilitate the Product owners’ vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and visually interpreting experiences and recommendations for digital products
- Design and deliver visuals and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems based on customer behaviour and analytics and devise appropriate solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders. Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Take responsibility and champion a new design system across all digital platforms
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent UX and UI design experience
- A solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD), interpreting user research and user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client Saga’s needs and vision
- An understanding of the over 50’s age group and their behaviours online.
- Extensive experience in using UX and UI best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesising abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design and champion a consistent design language for all channels
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Be collaborative, motivated with positive attitude and energy
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and committed
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.