With a brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched in July 2019 and another due for delivery in 2020, and market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the Saga Group is an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
Our IT systems are key to our ability to personalise and target communications to our customers, improve the experience of members of Possibilities, our customers and employees, and achieve operational efficiencies.
…And right now, we are looking for a Voice Engineer at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be administrating system maintenance procedures; raise, take ownership and update change requests / faults and communicate their progress to both internal and external customers.
You will bring experience working in an infrastructure related role within a corporate environment.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Providing first and second lines of support across the technology estate to both internal technology teams and to the business user community
- Working closely with all areas of group technology to identify and resolve problems affecting the technology estate
- Resolution of problems where feasible and/or own the problem resolution (liaising with other agencies as appropriate) until solution, ensuring that the business users are regularly informed of progress
- Acting as the conduit for issues arising in the business requiring resolution within the technology estate
- Recognising issues and escalating appropriately, according to procedures, to both technology and other areas of the business
- Liaising with internal and external bodies, including user groups, business supervisor, Technical Consultants, Strategic Planning, Project Managers and IT consultants
- Monitoring systems and proactively recognise and raise issues to the business and to technology where required
- Communication of technology support issues effectively to the business by translation of technical jargon into plain language
- Monitoring of machine and application performance and to recognise and raise issues with the business, Services, technology teams as appropriate
- Administration of the system maintenance procedures; raise, take ownership and update change requests / faults and communicate their progress to both internal and external customers
- Monitoring of the technology system usage / performance and to recognise and raise issues with the businesses and Group technology as appropriate
- Research and application of required security remediation and vulnerability management activities
- Creating and maintaining technical documents
- Identification of low value activity and suitable process for automation and the implementation of this
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the business to make sure my team and I support Saga’s strategic initiatives
- Acting as a point of escalation for complex problems and incidents
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and experience:
- Experience working in an infrastructure related role within a corporate environment
- Basic level of awareness of the ITIL service management processes including incident, problem and change management
- Communication skills
- Strong customer service capability
- Able to work methodically under pressure
- Good analytical skills, able to use data to determine cause of incidents, and able to act on this data to resolve incidents
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.