At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
An opportunity has arisen within the Travel Digital & Mobile team for a Front-end Web Developer.
You will be developing robust software solutions for our customers and enhance existing systems as well as contributing to the design of components of larger software systems.
It’s an exciting time in Travel Web development with a new system coming online, new ships and products; we want to give our customers the best experience when using our Website by using our skills and knowledge to produce robust, user-friendly systems.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Develop robust software solutions for our customers and enhance existing systems
- Initial triage and troubleshooting investigation and resolution of problems reported by users
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts. (PROG4)
- Applies agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. (PROG4)
- Collaborates in reviews of work with others as appropriate (PROG4)
- Creates and documents detailed designs for software applications applying agreed standards (SWDN3)
- Contributes to the design of components of larger software systems, assist in the evaluation of options (SWDN3)
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management
- Ability to communicate with internal departments to solve technical challenges and provide technical advice
- Ability to communicate to non-technical users help and advice with regards to system issues and queries
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- HTML & CSS including Bootstrap
- Experience with C# and Visual Studio
- Demonstrable technical experience in a Web development role
- Any experience with Sitecore would be advantageous
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification is preferred; however demonstrable technical experience would represent an acceptable equivalent.
- Energy and enthusiasm to gain an understanding of the Saga Travel Codebases
- Good communicator (verbal, written and visual) to work with multiple stakeholders from around the business
- Team worker, to work together to agree standards and design robust software solutions
- Able to work with minimum supervision to produce quality code
- Problem solver, able to bring a fresh perspective to problems
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with users, team members and managers at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to think and work individually and as part of a team
- Good time management and work ethic
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.