Web Optimisation Analyst (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important part of the Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the services function of the business.
The primary responsibility within this role is to optimise the digital customer journeys for home and motor products, ensuring the expansion of the on-line business through customer acquisition and revenue growth.
Using your analytical skills, in conjunction with a range of industry-leading web tools (including Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target and SessionCam), you will monitor and analyse the performance of the online journey. Points of friction or opportunity must be identified and steps taken to improve.
Working with a team of developers, designers and testers you will champion projects that aim to improve the points of friction. With the use of A/B and MVT tests you will measure the success of your projects and draw appropriate conclusions as to their success.
A drive to keep abreast of trends in website optimisation, conversion marketing and the growth of new technologies is essential. Familiarity with behavioural economics principals and their applications within design and conversion rate optimisation is essential.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Ensure that the quote engines continue to perform at an optimal level by creating reports to highlight customer journey metrics & KPIs.
- Creation of robust business cases to prioritise projects. Analysis of tests following completion making future recommendations and communicating results with the wider business.
- Specification of any necessary web dev changes to improve insight e.g. site data layer & tagging.
- Analyse and evaluate customer journey performance highlighting failure, success and suggestions for the future.
- Find patterns in customer purchase & browse history and recommend actions to optimise onsite messaging to specific segments.
- Analysis of A/B and MVT (multi variant test) experiments. Draw accurate conclusions and make recommendations for next steps.
- Create concise and thorough specifications that will allow the development/UAT teams to create and release functionality to the website.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders spanning business, marketing and technical teams to drive change to the customer journeys based on analysis and insight.
- Able to create concise mock-ups and wireframes to present ideas to a multitude of audiences, with and without technical backgrounds.
- Keep up to date on the latest design and CRO trends. Monitor, benchmark and report on competitor activity and market trends.
- Share online analytics knowledge & best practice with other optimisation analysts.
- Develop test strategies and pipelines of changes for the various customer journeys, with the aim being able to continually optimise performance by increasing completion rates and increasing long-term value of our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience
- Highly numerate, with previous analytics experience.
- Experience in A/B testing and personalisation tools like Adobe Target (or equivalent).
- An understanding of digital marketing approaches (paid search, SEO, direct mail, etc).
- Familiar with Adobe Analytics (or equivalent).
- Familiar with session replay tools like SessionCam (or equivalent).
- Track record of managing multiple complex projects concurrently, tracking progress and success.
- Familiar with behavioural economics principals and their applications within design and conversion rate optimisation is desirable.
Education and qualifications
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent ideal, although not essential.
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communicator.
- Team player.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Problem solver.
- Highly adaptable.
- Confidence to challenge and escalate appropriately.
- Proactive and friendly.
- Inquisitive mind and willing to embrace new challenges.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eye for detail.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.